Make sure your Valentine’s Day stays enjoyable by keeping the goodies away from your beloved pets.
No sweets. Chocolate is toxic to both dogs and cats. Candies made with xylitol can also prove fatal to your pup (cats are not similarly susceptible).
Keep roses out of reach. Roses are pretty, but thorns are a threat to your pet’s paws and mouth.
Lilies. These flowers are extremely toxic to your cat if ingested. Kidney failure can occur within a day. If you must have these in your house, make sure your cat can’t reach them.
No alcohol. Even a small amount of bubbly could be poisonous to your four-legged pal.
Don’t leave candles unattended. A candlelit evening may be in order, but don’t leave the room and let your pet cause a fire!
Clean up wrapping paper and balloons. Don’t leave these items out for your pet to ingest.
You can show your favorite pal plenty of love this Valentine’s Day by protecting him from harm. If you think your pet has ingested something dangerous, please contact your veterinarian immediately.